In an exciting development for our students and community, Victoria University Secondary College has been allocated funding by the State Government to proceed in planning for new state of the art facilities at our Cairnlea campus on Furlong Rd.
The College is working with the Department of Education and Training to acquire an architect to design our new school and we expect building to commence once the planning is completed.
The College is committed to keeping the school community informed throughout the process and will provide regular updates in the College newsletter and on this webpage, including architectural plans and designs.
Our state of the art Trade Training Centre opened on the Cairnlea site in 2015. The Trade Training Centre provides industry standard facilities and vocational training (VET) courses for secondary school students in the region.
Victoria University Secondary College promises outstanding opportunities to our local youth with:
- a complete range of curriculum and extra-curricular options for student choice
- outstanding buildings and facilities
- an excellent, revitalised teaching and learning program
- close links and shared programs with Victoria University
- the latest in learning technologies to enhance our teaching and learning for the 21st Century
- excellent sporting and performing arts (music, drama, film) facilities
I am pleased to announce the appointment of Patrick Architects to design the new school buildings following a tender and interview process. We have worked with John Patrick before as he and his firm designed the Trade Training Centre at Cairnlea. I am greatly looking forward to working with him again and will keep you updated on further developments.