New School Buildings
Construction is underway of Stage 1 of our new 7-12 school buildings at the Cairnlea campus on Furlong Rd.
The College is working with the Victorian School Building Authority on this major project. Attached on this page are the architectural plans for Stage 1, which includes the following:
- Performing Arts/Food building which includes a theatre, covered outdoor stage, drama and music rooms, recording studio, Food Technology kitchens and Canteen/Cafe area
- STEAM building which includes Technology, Science and Maths rooms, multimedia studio, recording booth and collaborative spaces
- Learning Village building which includes general purpose classrooms, central library/study space and collaborative spaces
- Sporting fields and hard courts
- An Administration relocatable building will be provided as a temporary measure until Stage 2 is completed.
Our state of the art Trade Training Centre opened on the Cairnlea site in 2015. The Trade Training Centre provides industry standard facilities and vocational training (VET) courses for secondary school students in the region.
Victoria University Secondary College promises outstanding opportunities to our local youth with:
- a complete range of curriculum and extra-curricular options for student choice
- outstanding buildings and facilities
- an excellent, revitalised teaching and learning program
- close links and shared programs with Victoria University
- the latest in learning technologies to enhance our teaching and learning for the 21st Century
- excellent sporting and performing arts facilities.