Victoria University Secondary College is committed to providing a child safe and child friendly environment, where students are safe and feel safe.
Our child safety and wellbeing policies outline the measures and strategies we have in place to support, promote and maintain the safety and wellbeing of our students:
- Child Safety and Wellbeing Policy
- Child Safety Code of Conduct
- Child Safety Responding and Reporting Obligations Policy and Procedures
- Child Safe Standards Risk Register
All of these child safety documents can be found on this page under Related Documents.
As valuable partners in promoting and maintaining child safety and wellbeing at VUSC, we welcome and encourage your feedback.
The Child Safe Standards are:
- Standard 1: Aboriginal cultural safety
- Standard 2: School leadership, governance and culture
- Standard 3: Children are safe, informed and actively participate
- Standard 4: Family engagement
- Standard 5: Equity and diverse needs
- Standard 6: Suitable staff and volunteers
- Standard 7: Complaints processes
- Standard 8: Child safety knowledge, skills and awareness
- Standard 9: Physical and online environments
- Standard 10: Review of child safety practices
- Standard 11: Implementation of child safety practices
More details on the Victorian Government’s Child Safe Standards can be found on the PROTECT website.