The College Board has responsibility under the Education and Training Reform Act 2006 for making educational policy decisions. Decisions are made using normal voting procedures (see Council Standing Orders – Section 2.5 of the Act). The Board is assisted in the processes associated with the responsibility by its Finance and Facilities Committees, which use participative and consensus decision making processes.
The College Board meet twice every term on Wednesday evenings. Annual elections are conducted. Parents and students are represented on the Board and can nominate themselves or be nominated for positions when vacancies arise. Community members are co-opted to the Board. Positions are generally of a two-year duration. For more information about the College Board, please contact the Principal.
The current College Board President is Ellen Arnott.
Terms of Reference for Policy Forums
- To be accountable to the Minister for Education and the College community for achievement of college goals, reporting on student achievement and compliance with the requirements of the Department of Education and Training.
- To determine the general educational policy of the College within guidelines issued by the Minister.
- To authorise programs and set annual budgets designed to achieve College goals.
- To ensure that College facilities are maintained and developed in the best interests of students.
- To produce an Annual Report of its proceedings.